Thursday, April 16, 2009

All quiet on the West Midland's front?

True, I have taken 100s of photographs lately yet I have not posted any. Two reasons.. 1/ I've not had the time. 2/ Google Street View seems to be doing it for me. At first I suppose Google made me feel a bit redundant and then it dawned on me that I had inspired them, and that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. OK, a bit over the top maybe, but it made me feel better. I also know that Street View has not permeated some of the more undesirable areas of Brum, and they do not "do requests". So I will carry on.
Photos to appear over the next month or 2 will include some of St Patrick's Day parade (yes, plenty of other media photos available and at least I had the grace to keep out of the way of their photographers!), but balance is required and I hope to be at the West Brom St George's Day parade on the 19th April. No doubt there will be many complaints about the parade (by the English, as usual) and possibly some idiots will try and spoil it for the majority, but I will be there to see what happens.
Also some churches in Handsworth and St Aston Juxta. A few more higher quality photos of the back-to-back court in Birmingham, and a few of Digbeth. Watch out for an anorak with a camera wearing an anorak - he could be walking down your street any time!

Snygyst - "Goes where Street View fears to tread"